Most of the international companies are actively present in the digital markets of Europe and USA. However, not all of them are in China. This is astonishing if we take into account that China has the world´s largest economy and, only in 2012, had more than 242 millions online shoppers, according to figures of global market researchers. Nevertheless, the average number of shoppers per week is close to 700 million. In this sense, the online sales probabilities are high.
Facts You Should Take Into Account Online Sales
At present, according to studies, the Internet penetration in this eastern country is around 55 % and it is expected a significant increase in the coming years with a figure that will target much more than, as reported by experts´ predictions, one million Chinese users.
Other data, no less important, states that the Chinese consumers spend an average of 21 hours per week on the Internet, having been classified by age, gender and location:
- 76 % of consumers are men.
- The average consumer age is around 25 years.
- Almost 100% of the online users in China are between 10 and 39 years old.
- A bit more than 50% of the users live in urban areas and have a per capita income
Two Ways For Selling Online
There are two main ways for selling under Chinese modality.
One of them is by creating your own virtual store. The other is selling through an online platform.
If you are interested in opening your own online store, you should take into account the following requirements:
- Create an URL ending in “cn”. Thus, your store must be in China.
- You will need to obtain an ICP license which consists of a minor registry procedure.
- Your company will need to have an office in China or, at the best of times, a Chinese partner.
Nevertheless, the easiest way to enter the Chinese market is through online platforms.
Online Platforms that can help you to sale online in China
There are different online platforms for selling your products on China. However, three ones are the most popular, this is to say:
AliBaba, Taobao y Tmall
- Alibaba. It ´s by far the biggest online sales platform. It was launched in 1999 and it is the leading site in the internal electronic Chinese market.
- Taobao Marketplace. This consumer-to-consumer online platform sells new products focused on those buyers who value both prices competitiveness and a wide range of first quality products.
- Tmall. This platform distributes new and original products to brands and consumers. There are around 500 million people registered on this page. In recent years, it was the number one website in sales of China. Many people don´t know that it belongs to the Taobao group.
Getting familiar with all these platforms or, failing this, by creating your own as well as to know how to get counseled, surely you will be able to make good buying-and-selling commercial transactions in China the online way.
How to Sale Online in China
Most of the international companies are actively present in the digital markets of Europe and USA. However, not all of them are in China. This is astonishing if we take into account that China has the world´s largest economy and, only in 2012, had more than 242 millions online shoppers, according to figures of global market researchers. Nevertheless, the average number of shoppers per week is close to 700 million. In this sense, the sale online probabilities are high.
Shanghái Aware Connection